- 8-year-old girl
- Her twin sister
- An uncle
- Tennis ball.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Explain the rules to the uncle. Sort of.
- The player who is “It” throws the ball up in the air and yells “Jackpot!”
- While the ball is in the air, “It” yells, “ALIVE!” or “DEAD!”
- While the ball is in the air, “It” yells a point value. Just make one up. Pick the biggest number you can. A million billion gajillion is a fine number.
- Argue with your sister about the rules.
- Argue with your sister about whether the point value even matters.
- Argue with your sister about who gets to be “It” next.
- Something about “Stuck in the mud!”
- Something about “Magic box!”
- While the ball is in the air, he other players run to catch it. If “It” yelled “ALIVE!” the ball must be caught while it is in the air. If “It” yelled “DEAD!” the ball must be caught (or picked up) after it has bounced or landed on the ground.
- The player who first catches the ball (or picks it up off the ground) is the next “It.”
- Or possibly not.
I am very confused by all this but the girls seemed to enjoy it.